Friday 29 January 2010

EXPERIENCE #3: JOINING A COMMUNITY ALLOTMENT PROJECT

So today I did something I have been trying to do for a long, long time, I became a member of a communal allotment. It's on great little site just outside of town and is run by a whole load of people from the surrounding area.

When I was living in the city I put my name down for lots of different allotment sites all over the place, annoyingly a city being a city there were two-year waiting lists for whatever plot I tried. However as the countryside is much more green than grey there are a lot more allotment plots up for grabs and a lot less people trying to get their mitts on them.

So the way it works is that in return for helping to maintain the gardens and polytunnels through this year I should get a nice amount of local, organic veggies for free!

My name is down and membership fee has been paid all I have to do is wait for the weather to warm up a little and I should be on my way.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wahooo! You finally got one! Grow me some strawberries! :) yum yum! I am going to add you to my blog thing if I can work out how.....I think this is a magic plan..the 100 days thing. I bet when the 100 days are over you will still be thinking and hopefully you will end up doing something new everyday after too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard Jas I'm stumped as to what to do today. I tried and think of something new everyday or just see what comes up at the time but if not I have some back up's on hand. I think if nothing comes to me I am going to write a few letters to people I admire.... but yes add me, I think I added you x

    ReplyDelete