Friday 5 February 2010

EXPERIENCE #11: PACKING UP VEG BOXES FOR LOCAL TOWNSFOLK

Today was my first day helping out at the community vegetable patches.

I got the grand tour around the whole site and met some gorgeous little spotty piglets. They all trotted over to me like little dog/baby things and started scuffling round in the mud, it was brilliant!

I was asked to dig up the last of the parsnips (which were absolutely ginormous!), give them a wash and bung them in the veg boxes. I got to help out with the artichokes which is also a first for me; such a strange vegetable.

By the end of the morning we had completed all the box orders and I got the chance to have a chat with the other volunteers. One of them looked like a scarecrow, I liked him.

I was given a big bag of veg to take home, which was very good of them; I now have all the things I need to make a Sunday roast, score!

No comments:

Post a Comment