Wednesday 24 February 2010

EXPERIENCE #28: LEARNING TO BE NORWEGIAN


Hallo!

Ja thats right friends, as I type this up I am sat in my warm and rather itchy authentic Norwegian sweater listening to the soothing sounds of Erland Oye (he's Norwegian don't you know?) and reflecting on the past half an hours worth of intensive Norwegian dialect training I've just undergone.

You see I'm pretty sure that somewhere in my body there must at least a dribble of Norwegian blood considering how set I am on one day living there.

I already have a pretty impressive roster of woolly jumpers and my wood chopping skills are the strongest they have ever been. Plus everyone knows how much I love whales and Norway has loads of them. What I don't have however are any catchy little Norwegian phrases to throw into conversations and so for today's experience I decided I would learn some.

Probably my favourite is "Han felt nedi et baekkalakk, det va jaevlig tidi!" which means "he fell down a manhole, that was fucking funny!"

Second place goes to "Ey' du! Va besteforaeldrene dine vikingar?" meaning"Excuse me sir, was your grandparents vikings?"

I got to grips with the alphabet and numbers to ten which with a bit of practice i should be able to recite from heart.

Mit navrn er Dan - there you go I just said my name is Dan, good aren't I?!

Hade! (Bye Bye!)

By the way I came across this guy when looking for lessons, he is perhaps the most awful language teacher I have ever seen, strangely I like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment