Thursday 25 February 2010

EXPERIENCE #30: SHARING MY NEW FOUND WEALTH WITH SOMEONE LESS FORTUNATE

Today for the very first time in a long time I had a big wodge of cash at my disposal.

Since returning from my travels I've literally lived off the charitable kindness of others which has at times felt pretty shitty. So when I left the bank today and saw the local Big Issue Magazine vendor getting soggy in the drizzle I really felt for him.

I asked him if he would like a hot drink to warm him up and he said he'd love a hot chocolate. I pootled off to buy him one and a muffin and then on my return I bought a magazine from him.

We had a chat about how miserable the weather was and how it definitely was not suitable magazine selling conditions.

I didn't do all this because I pity him or regard myself as any better than him, it was merely the fact that after a good two months of people having to buy hot drinks for me it was nice to be able to buy one for someone who probably really fancied one but couldn't afford it.

No comments:

Post a Comment