Saturday 27 February 2010

EXPERIENCE #31: HAVING A LOOK AT SOME REAL LIFE WHALE GUTS

This experience should have been titled having a look at a real life dead whale but sadly the carcass had turned to mush by the time we got to have a look so we only really saw its guts bobbing around in the sea.

For those of you that have no idea what I'm talking about, this week the body of a fin whale (second largest animal on the planet don't you know?) washed up on Porthtowan beach down here in Cornwall.

For me this was too good of an experience to turn down and so with a little help from some friends I  managed to get down to the beach to take a look at the body for myself.

Annoyingly the tide was in so we weren't able to get down the cove that it was in and as I already mentioned it was pretty much just a mushy pulp that was left.

Regardless its not every day you get to have a good old gander at whale insides and I'm grateful to everyone who made it possible for me to see it.

I dedicate this one to my brother who I know has a love for both whales and also dead things. Love bruv x

No comments:

Post a Comment