Tuesday 9 February 2010

EXPERIENCE #14: OFFICIALLY HAVING BRUNCH FOR THE FIRST TIME

I have never been too sure as to whether waking up late and having my cereal at a later than usual time of eleven counts as brunch.

Regardless, I have always wanted to be able to say to someone "lets do brunch tomorrow" and so I did.

My friend Sam and I had ice cream and pancakes, pastries, grapefruit and hot choc in a bowl (I'm so freaking cultured!).

It was actually lovely and I think I sort of got to understand the joy of brunching.

The meal wasn't entirely a breakfasty feast or a lunchtime affair; it was sort of in between.

It sort of felt like I was doing something a bit naughty, that whilst everyone else had woken early and scoffed down soggy rice krispies, we were enjoying pancakes gone eleven at a nice leisurely pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment