Tuesday 9 February 2010

EXPERIENCE #12: LIVING MY LIFE BY THE FLIP OF A COIN

This experience was based on an idea given to me by my brother Bill who told me about a man that let a dice make all of his daily decisions for him.

I thought that I would keep it nice and simple and use a coin that could tell choose how my day was set out with a simple yes or no answer.

I ended up starting the day with a lovely stack of pancakes although the coin was rather picky on what topping I was allowed which was usually just lemon.

It decided that my chums and I should go for a game of bowling which I should then lose (which strangely did happen) and then finish it off with a peanut butter milkshake.

Being my birthday weekend the coin delegated when, where and how many of my presents I was able to open, which was more than a little frustrating.

Come evening time when we all headed to the bar the coin told me what drinks to have, this included a shot of tequila which is a big no no for me...bleurgh.

As midnight came about a lady came holding a coin bucket and asked whether I had any change to give to charity. I flipped the coin one last time and in some strange sort of unspoken goodbye it decided that it should go in the bucket and I was free again to make my own decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment