Tuesday 16 February 2010

EXPERIENCE #22: SWIMMING IN THE SEA IN FEBRUARY


Sam and I were taking a walk on the cliffs last week when he commented on how cold it must be in the sea right now, I then realized that I had never been in the sea during the winter months.

So when my sister invited me along for a walk on the beach today I knew what my new experience would be.

When we arrived it was hailing and really, really blustery and I not being one to back down from a new experience bravely clutched my towel in my chilled paws and headed down to the water.

Luckily the bad weather subsided and the sun came out. We walked down to the quieter part of the beach, I stripped down to my pants and without thinking (or feeling really) ran and dove into the water.

In all honesty it actually wasn't too bad at all. Admittedly I didn't stay in awfully long but I think that was more the fact that my brain was convinced that the coldness was going to hit me at any second.

It was an exhilerating feeling and I'm glad I did it.

This one is dedicated for Taylor and his nifty work documenting the whole thing with my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment