Wednesday 24 February 2010

EXPERIENCE #27: WORKING AS A RECEPTIONIST FOR THE DAY

My normal position at work is in the restaurant serving food and doing some serious customer arse licking. Today however I found myself working on reception and single-handedly manning the whole bloody hotel.

I sort of knew what I was doing, well when I say sort of what I mean is that I am aware of the usual receptionist type duties such as answering phones and checking people in and out.

Turns out there is quite a bit more to it than that and consequently I totally sucked.

Firstly I put a lady in the hotels nicest room when she was actually meant to be staying in the shabbiest; I had to boot her out and she got really grumpy with me about it.

I was also really rubbish at doing the whole reception voice thing down the phone and accidentally shouted at a woman.

My last duty was to show a couple to their room and I accidentally scatted the lady over, it was actually mortifying!

I'd always wanted to know what it was like to be a receptionist and now I do, it's shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment