Wednesday 10 February 2010

EXPERIENCE #16: COOKING SAUSAGE CASSEROLE FOR FIFTY-ONE KIDS

Today I started my brand spanking new job as a cook in a nursery school.

My task today was to whip up a sausage casserole for fifty-one little cherubs. I sort of figured that being as they are very little people, put all together they made about one or two normal sized people and so it would be pretty easy going.

What I wasn't aware of was how much kids apparently eat these days! They quite literally polished off two huge pots of the stuff and whatever was left they mixed in with their ice cream pudding and ate up too.

I suppose I felt proud that they liked the stuff but I must admit I am a little daunted at the thought of going back tomorrow when I will be making lasagne and a victoria sponge...eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment