Tuesday 16 February 2010

EXPERIENCE #20: COOKING A SUNDAY ROAST FOR ONE

So during my first few shifts at the restaurant I have started working in we had a lot of people coming in to eat all on their lonesome.

We got to talking about how depressing it must be eating in such fancy place alone with no one to talk to.

Now when my parents headed off for a week long stint in Paignton today, I was left with a big hole in my day where the traditional weekly roast was usually.

Although it wasn't eating out alone I decided that family or no family, Sunday roast would still take place and I would simply cook one up just for myself; this way I could I could sort of see how those loners felt.

I used up the last of my veg from the community gardens and set a place at the table for one. Although the lack of conservation was a little odd it was still a splendid occasion and the fact that I could lick the plate clean afterward made the meal even better than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment