Thursday 13 May 2010

EXPERIENCE #100: AND FINALLY...

Cover Letter to Environmental Graffiti Ltd

Dear Sir/ Madam,

My name is Dan Yeo, I am twenty three years old with a joint honors degree in journalism and media studies.

I firstly want to highlight the fact that although I am lacking journalistic experience in the sense that I  have spent very little time in the news room, I consider myself to be a capable journalist with my own personal style to writing.

I have this very day finished a one hundred day project that required me to experience one new thing each day for a hundred days and then report back about it on my blog site; in fact sending you this CV is my very last new experience!

I began the blog with a total lack of confidence in my capabilities as a writer, but have slowly come to realize that not only is it something I have come to enjoy more and more with each post but I seem to be improving.

My grammar may be a little off at times and some of the posts could have a bit more meat to them, however, I'm proud of everything I've written on it and for that reason would like to submit it to you as an example of my work in the hope that you may consider me for a position as a blogger on your website.  

I have a massive place in my heart for environmental issues and have been involved with various NGO's that act against threats to the planet and it's animal inhabitants.

I have contacts with Greenpeace members on varying levels of authority as well as an upcoming research trip with the Atlantic Whale Foundation to collect data on humpback whales.

I am involved with local campaigns groups helping to work towards transforming our town in a transitional one and am also a member of a 'grow it yourself' communal allotment.

I have alot to talk about and a real enthusiasm to do so.

Thankyou for taking the time to read this, please find my CV right under this (what was meant to be short) cover letter.


Yours sincerely,

Dan Yeo

1 comment: