Monday 3 May 2010

EXPERIENCE #87: PAYING OFF MY CREDIT CARD AFTER FIVE WHOLE YEARS

Way back in my first year of uni, my brother and I spent the entire wad of mullah our dear ol' mum had given us to live off of during his stay on rounds of Lazer Quest down at the arcade.

Consequently we were poor and hungry and so I slunk down to the bank and picked up my very own credit card; that day we ate like gods.

In the years to come it saved me from various other slightly awful situations that I found myself in, for example the need for bail money to get me out of Thai prison and also preventing a few cold nights sleeping on the streets of Paris.

Needless to say for the most part its been pretty much maxed out and I've only really ever paid off the monthly interest.

Today though after a few months of toiling labor I achieved the unachievable and  paid that bad boy off in full, good eh?

It is a very empowering feeling to get that burly bit of debt off my back and out of my brain, I think my bank must be a little relieved also.

I want to thank my credit card though for being with me through the toughest of times. Although I had no choice but to chop you up little man this dedication still goes out to you.

May your pieces rest in, um,  peace(s)?

No comments:

Post a Comment