Sunday 9 May 2010

EXPERIENCE #91: PUTTING TOGETHER MY OWN PIN HOLE CAMERA

Back in my college days I was meant to assemble a pin hole camera as one of my photography assessments, instead though I fucked off to New York for a couple of months, you know, like you do...

Consequently I have been left with a big pinhole shaped, er, hole in my heart ever since mainly because I greatly enjoy both cameras and making cheap bodge job replicas of things that I am simply too poor to buy.

So whilst having a little wonder around the internet I stumbled upon the creative going on's of a clever chap who goes by the name of Marc Rochkind. He made his own version of a pinhole camera that varied slightly from other models I had seen.

He had blacked out a simple cylindrical tube that had a diameter of roughly twenty centimeters, pierced the metal base to create the pinhole and then popped a piece of photographic paper (cut to a circular shape) in the lid end.

What he created was a magical little circular projection of his humble abode.

I'm not entirely sure how copywriting issues are dealt with within blogging circles but I'm simply putting the photo up here to show its greatness to all, I mean no harm brother ... p.s kudos to infinite for this little gem, I mean it.

So I got to work today building my own one and without bigging up my bad ass camera making skills too much, I think it's looking rather brilliant.

I've added lighting bolt speed stripes either side to give it the aerodynamic quality that I strive for in all my DIY projects, I hope you don't mind Rochkind (can I call you by your surname? Sweet).

One of my contacts is hooking me up with a few sheets of photographic paper and soon enough I should have my own little circular keepsake of joy, huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment