Sunday 9 May 2010

EXPERIENCE #93: VERY NEARLY VOTING AT THE VOTING STATION

Well I might as well tell you now, I was going to vote for the Green Party today.

I cycled down to my voting station posed as my brother (my registration was rejected and so used my brothers vote instead) and joined the very orderly cue waiting to vote.

I was set on the Green Party vote, I'd practiced my ticks, I'd engaged in a few heated debates concerning my choice and I felt pumped and ready to make that commitment.

My turn comes round to hop in the little booth and so I enter, unfold my slip of choices and BAM, am confronted with the crushing realization that there's no green party option.

I was going to go and point it out the the people behind the desk but a few worries started to whur around my mind concerning the fact that perhaps they go by another name in these parts or maybe they've not got through for some reason.

Consequently I'm left to dawdle in the booth for a good five minutes whilst I milled over my options.

I figured I could vote for another party that I know very little about or I could as I see it make a true stand and place a vote for none of the candidates.

I went for the latter option, posted my blank slip and strode out of there feeling as if I had made a true statement.

Considering that wassock Cameron is probably going to be head honcho from now on I'm sort of thinking that perhaps I should have gone for option number one but right in the midst of it all I felt as if my decision had been the correct one.

Dedicated to Aron the biggest Tory dork out there. x

No comments:

Post a Comment