Wednesday 5 May 2010

EXPERIENCE #89: BECOMING THE SOLE PROPRIETOR OF A NUGGET OF HARDENED VOLCANO MAGMA

I'm always keen to take hold of new, shiny and rare objects just like some sort of human-like magpie creature thing.

I already own a chunk of land on the moon and now I can quite proudly say I posses a little bit of dried up volcano lava.

This mainly gets a mention due to the circumstances in which I received this little trinket of joyousness.

Mother et al flew away to New Zealand which is where they extracted the lava for me (gosh that makes it sound as if I'm some sort of Professor Xavier character who's gone and sent his comrades off to retract an ancient relic of some sort....I didn't but let's just pretend I did).

However another volcano back up our way prevented all planes from flying to and from the UK which in many way I found highly amusing.

I found it even more amusing when my poor mum literally fell through our front door two weeks later than her schedule had permitted only to unfurl her clasped clammy little paw and present this gift to me. The irony tickled me pink it did.

It's something that I don't think many can claim to possess (apart from you Jay, you have one too) and so in that way it counts as a new experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment