Tuesday 6 April 2010

EXPERIENCE #65: CELEBRATING FEASTER WITH COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF COFFEE


I held off from my caffeine gorgefest until today so that I could get a decent cuppa joe at my old reliable regular coffee stop.

My friend Jack who works at this particular place made me up what is known as a flat white.

Now, I've been out of the barista circuit for over half a year now and although I wasn't half bad back in the day I had never made or tasted a flat white.

It's basically a shorter intenser version of your typical latte. I sort of liked the idea of this considering I enjoy the smoothness of a latte but yearn for the rich hit of a strong black coffee.

Ahem, yes so I thoroughly enjoyed the drink (thanks Jack) and reveled in all the effects that caffeine has on a person i.e the brewing coffee poo, manic buzz and rumbly gut churns...bliss.

I also picked myself up a big old coffee and walnut cake which I guzzled down pretty much in one single sitting.

After reflecting on the day I sort of have come to a decision though, that maybe coffee isn't for me anymore.

Interesting fact, did you know that if you are a regular coffee drinker your brain becomes dependent on that hit to just function at a normal level, crazy isn't it?!

I just remember how awful I felt the week after going cold turkey and I'm finding the whole thing a little ridiculous to be honest.

So maybe every now and then I will have a brew or two just for funzies, but in the long run I think I'm done with the mud.

No comments:

Post a Comment