Thursday 29 April 2010

EXPERIENCE #77: TAKING STEPS TOWARD BECOMING A REAL LIFE BARMAN


When it comes to barman skills I’m far from being competent.

When ever a customer asks what a particular wine is like I pretty much always say something like “it has a unique and subtle fruitiness to it” and pray they leave it at that. Luckily it seems to do the trick and more often than not I’m asked to come back with three bottles of whatever it is I've convinced them to get, cunning.

Today though I was asked to make a martini cocktail. I was left quite literally in the foetal position at the customers feet all over the prospect of having to go behind the bar to concoct something I truly had no idea how to make.

Anyway my beefy old boss Alistair came to my rescue, took me under is wing and showed me how it was done.

Gin + Martini + Cointreau + ice + silly little umbrella with a green olive on the end = Martini cocktail.

So now I know forever, yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment