Tuesday 13 April 2010

EXPERIENCE #71: REGISTERING TO VOTE

Like many other human beings I have my very own assortment of views and opinions about a whole bunch of different things. Yes, fine, well done me but the problem is that when applying them to all more political based discussions I turn into a total spack.

To get around this big ass fail of mine if there has ever been anything that I have found myself grumbling about i.e new coal power stations or whopping great supermarkets threatening to ruin my town, I have just gone and joined up to an NGO of some sort and helped in whatever way I can to prevent whatever it is I don't like from happening.

That doesn't mean that many a time I haven't sat at a meeting and not understood a bloomin' thing that's being said but at least I'm there helping in my own special way.

Now as for voting, that's something that has always swooshed wayyy over my head. Last time I had the chance to vote I was a tiddly little eighteen year old who was more concerned with drinking vodka and cherryade down park, in fact I am pretty sure I was too intoxicated to vote that day...terrible I know.

This time however, at the respectable age of twenty-three I decided to register to vote for the upcoming elections.

To aid me along the political path I harnessed the incredible power of the magnificent Vote Match Computer that my wonderful friend Melissa told me all about. Basically it asks you a whole load of questions and you have to tell it whether you agree or disagree and it matches you to your perfect party.

Anyway I did it and the results were incredibly close and still incredibly meaningless to me.

Turns out I'm a Labour lad (who'd of guessed?) although the Green Party and IKIP weren't far behind.

Thank you for you're help Vote Match Computer but I think I've come to my own decision, please don't be sad.

Mel, your very first solo dedication, see you on May 6th x

Oh and here you go kids have a play for yourself.





No comments:

Post a Comment