Sunday 18 April 2010

EXPERIENCE #75: TAKING MY LADY BOSS TO A GRIMY NIGHTCLUB

This one I want to delicately tip-toe around mainly because I'm really not sure who could end up reading this and I quite like my job thank you very much.

The experience is a sort of carry on from the previous one as they both occurred in the same time period just this one was the other side of twelve o'clock.

I suppose I need to admit that when in my last experience I said that I had two goals that evening, I er well actually had three.

The third was to also have a slow dance with my boss Deb's who is a very graceful character and has perhaps just begun to sneak past the middle aged mark; only just mind you. The third goal was added after a few drinks when I was feeling a little more confident.

I mentioned it to a friend I was there with who very kindly blurbed it Deb's who then in turn clutched hold of my wrist and dragged me onto the dance floor. I ended up being in an embrace that was far too intimate for someone who lacks the skills of a true slow dancer. Deb's did kindly assure me I was in control and that just need to follow the beat. She told me when I was going too fast and when she wanted it to change a little, I reminded her how utter nervous/ mortified I was about the whole thing but she just held me and made it better.

Ahem, so to after the reception we decided to take her to a nightclub, well not just a nightclub but the one that used to be my old stomping grounds when I was a teenybopper. Once inside we got her to the center spot on the dance floor which by the way was swamped with people that I can quiet clearly recall having seen in nappies at some point in the not so distant past.

I taught the old girl my finest dance moves and kept her tanked up on vino or whatever it was she was guzzling.

It was a fun but very peculiar night and all seemed as if about five different evening based scenarios had been whisked up together to create something beautifully bizarre.

I was quite sure that after my own rather raunchy dance move rendition of Beyonce's 'All the Single Ladies' I would have been out of employment today, thankfully I wasn't although there were few titters in the kitchen.

This dedication is for Deb's thank you for a night I probably am going to really struggle to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment