Wednesday 14 April 2010

EXPERIENCE #72: PUTTING SOME MONEY DOWN ON A LOTTERY TICKET

I'm not sure whether anyone else will vouch for this but I'm pretty sure that the lottery used to be a pretty big Saturday evening event during the 90's?

Well it was in my family at least and I can vividly remember the fact that after Gladiators and Blind Date we'd have to quickly turn over to the BBC to check the numbers and watch last weeks 'winners story'. Anyone remember this?

Anyway I suppose when I got to the age where I could purchase my own tickets I'd sort of lost the enthusiasm for the lottery that I had as a child.

Today though I was feeling super lucky and popped into the newsagents to myself my first ever very own ticket.

Well, haven't things gone and gotten horrendously complicated in the world of the National Lottery!? There were about a dozen mini little lottery themed games that I could play including something called the 'Thunderball' which I must admit does actually sound quite fun.

I had to get the shaky old lady behind the register to help me out in choosing the ticket that I remembered so fondly from back in the day (jeez I'm old), she kindly went through the rules with me also.

After a few test runs I had my six lucky numbers marked off and with my ticket in hand I left the store still feeling a little confused as to what had just happened.

Now I just have to wait until tomorrow evening when the numbers are called to hopefully win the rollover jackpot of 17 million!

No comments:

Post a Comment