Thursday 8 April 2010

EXPERIENCE #67: GOING TO MY LOCAL BINGO NIGHT

This has been on the cards for the past few weeks now but has been something that I have failed to slot in between all my work hours...sigh.

Well luckily enough I had this evening free from work and so my sister, my beautiful baby niece and I headed down to the town hall for a game or seven.

My god, I would never have ever guessed that bingo had such a following in my piddly little town, quite literally half of it's population must have been there, well that's perhaps a slight over exaggeration but there were a lot there. I took my seat next to a lovely little old lady who helped me grasp the basics of the game.

That's right chortle away but you don't know what it's like, there is so much more to it than even I expected what with all their fiddly little bonus games and confusing rules surrounding how to win first second and full house rounds. See, ha!

Anyway, there were some absolutely fabulous prizes to be won and so I became slightly obssessed with an overwhelming need to win something, anything.

Sadly I didn't, although I do believe that I may have found my calling in life...professional bingo player, what can I say it's a great game.

Highlight of the evening you ask? Probably half way through when some old dear clenched hold of the mic and performed what I am told is her fornightly sing song treat for the crowd.

After a three hour bingofest I can safely say that that was perhaps one of the best evening out in Wadebridge ever. Yes I will be attending next weeks sesh and yes I will also be winning something then too, wish me luck people and come along if you can.

Thanks for coming Frankie and I hope Illy loved her first dip into the world of bingo. For you baby x

No comments:

Post a Comment