Sunday 18 April 2010

EXPERIENCE #74: ATTENDING AN IRISH LESBIAN WEDDING RECEPTION IN A PRISON

Just so you know I enjoyed writing that title a great deal.

Yes, I'm friends with a Irish lesbian who goes by the name of Mary and today she just so happened to get married, huzzah!

After work a whole gaggle of us headed down to the reception that was being held in a renovated prison, cool huh?

I'm not going to lie I did have my fingers crossed that there would be more than one transvestite there and perhaps a podgy, drunkard of priest in a see-through pvc tux of some sort, in many ways this was my main reason for going.

Annoyingly there wasn't although I suppose not that surprisingly there was a fine assortment of butch lesbians to browse over which was kind of like a runners up prize I guess.

I set out with two goals in mind to make this experience truely countable; number one was to have a dance with the bride er groom er bride...Mary and the second was to find out the best man and brides maid situation when it came to lesbian weddings.

I achieved both actually and got to have a lovely slow dance with Mary, it was truly blissful and I enjoyed it a great deal.

Oh and just so you know lesbians don't need best mans or brides maids, they're above that apparently and to be honest I'm totally down with that way to shit all over the rules of tradition ladies!

Mary's wife looked absolutely fabulous in her momofied version of a tux suit. Her spiky white hair suited her burlesquey white suit smashingly and the itsy skewiff  top hat was the cherry on top for me; for that you get Dans five star rating well done to you Sir.

Honestly I'm truly happy for them and want to thank them for allowing to be part of their wonderous day. Dedication? Yes I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment