Monday 12 April 2010

EXPERIENCE #68: TAKING A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE THROUGH THE POWER OF GOOGLE WORLD

This is really a bit of an accidental new experience and one that you probably won't appreciate unless you're me.

It all started this afternoon when I got all lost in my very own newly downloaded Google World application. Whilst pecking at a cheese toastie and slurping down a mug of tepid tea I virtually pootled round some of my favourite places from the past.

Firstly I headed down to Mas de la Solane (or Solane Farm for you lower beings) where I wasted away my days last summer. It was a little bizarre considering all the work that I had been doing on the land was nowhere to be seen; I sort of felt like Marty McFly.

I next went to my old house out in Helland which took me bloody ages to find. The house used to belong to one of the guys from the 80's band Bucks Fizz (yeh thought i would just drop that in) and was where I spent much of my childhood roaming around the grounds pretending to be a raptor.

I visited my old hall's building from university which is perhaps even more of a skank hole now...god I miss that place.

Oh, oh, oh and I went over my old paper round route too.

I guess it sort of compares to looking through old photo's just perhaps a bit lamer.

Yeh not a very good experience really, sorry folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment