Thursday 8 April 2010

EXPERIENCE #66: ACHIEVING A BUCKET LOAD OF NEW EXPERIENCES IN THE SEARCH FOR JUST ONE GOOD ONE

Sometimes I wake up with a fuzzy head and no real plans for the day.

Obviously there's work and all the other mundane bits and bobs that I have to do everyday but I'm talking about extra curricular activities that usually give me something to garble on about here.

Today was one of those days which was a bit annoying really considering I was feeling rather motivated to get a cracking new experience under my belt.

Consequently I did one better and bagged myself about four new experiences. Yes I know I could be accused of getting far too ahead of myself and that one a day means just one a day but I know all this (it is my blog you know?) and so this still counts as just one individual experience.

So I suppose I should tell you what I did, well please keep in mind before you judge the fact that they all equate to one definitely does excuse the fact that some are an itsy bit um rubbish.

Firstly I managed to convince my legs to cycle non stop the entire three mile up hill cycle to work this evening.

Seriously this is quite a feat and something that I have never achieved before, I always usually have to stop at two particularly steep spots but this evening somehow I managed without stopping even once.

If you aren't impressed just look at map I've added (if you're actually interested then give it a bit to load and follow the blue line), it's a bloody trek and I'd like to see you do the whole thing balanced on two wheels!



View Larger Map

Secondly, I tried the fanciable French dessert, Parfait.

I only knew about parfait from the movie Shrek and to be honest the scene in which it is discussed still gets me quite excitable.

If you didn't know Parfait actually means perfect in French and thats exactly what it is. I would describe the taste as somewhere between ice cream and cheese cake just minus the cheesyness.

The restaurant chef described it as being like baked ice cream as in you cook it then freeze it or something.

Thirdly, I watched my first ever Alfred Hitchcock movie once I got home from work, Marnie (1964).

It was a bit of psycho-drama flick and was something about a thieving little lady who then gets forced into a messy marriage she doesn't really want to be in. Her husband decides that she needs to be analyzed the heck out of to find out why she doesn't like the touch of a man (two guesses) and this all luckily saves her...wow!

Yeh it was okay. I'm sorry I'm just really not good at reviews, a film either grabs me or it doesn't and to be honest I really wish I had held out for The Birds or something a little less, well a little less about some whiny girl with an awful name like Marnie.

Lastly, for the first time in the history of my existence I watched an episode of the BBC series, Doctor Who.

I never really warmed to that Tennant chap, he reminded me of a deranged pigeon and every time I saw him my face would screw up and the channel would be changed.

However, it was the start of the brand spanking new series and, well the new doctor is hot.

So I watched it and was actually quite impressed with what the old busy bodies at the beeb have been doing with our tax money, yes I was entertained well done.

Plus how good is the new docs hair?!

There you go four new ones *grin*.

No comments:

Post a Comment