Monday 12 April 2010

EXPERIENCE #69: TRAVELLING FIRST CLASS TO ATTEND A RED CARPET EVENT AND CHAMPAGNE RECEPTION

There is a lot of uncertainty surrounding this experience. I'm stand my ground in insisting that I have never travelled first class on a train before, however my brother insists that I have and can even recall the price and day that it occurred...drama!

I would like to highlight the fact that I keep all of my train tickets in the plastic wallet my railcard is in and there was no sign of the so called suspected golden first class ticket he was jabbering on about.

Regardless what I've attempted to do here is almost skew the experience away from being solely about the rather splendid first class trip I took up to Bristol today (although that's what it's secretly about) and am focusing a little (hardly at all actually) on all the new things I experienced at the party I went to in the evening.

So somehow I managed to wangle myself a ticket aboard the first class coach whilst planning for my trip to Bristol today.

After about an hour of being the only bugger in the coach I sort of guess that perhaps I was on a ghost train of some sort and that's the actual reason I had got such a reasonable deal on traveling like royalty.

Nah uh, I got up to use the loo and quite literally collided with a wall of squished people in behind the slidey door doo dahs.

Turns out that the whole train was fully packed bar the first class carriage, poor sods. So I gave up on my trip to the toilet, returned to my seat and crossed my legs tightly.

Next thing I know the tannoy comes on and the unlucky dear on refreshment trolley duty is announcing that due to the large amount of people and luggage sprawled out through the lower ranking carriages she is unable to do the rounds and that if anyone's thirsty to come to her. Pretty much as soon as she signs off the first class conductor chappy came and asked me if I would like my very own complementary coffee.

I know, I know if I were any sort of morally obliging human being I should of taken my warm brew back to the next carriage along and shared it amongst the people there but to be fair I rarely get a treat like this and I am usually the silly mug smushed against the toilet door sort of being held up by others in the crowd; I'm sorry to say I kicked back and enjoyed my free coffee in the sanctity of first class.

Anyway being a bit of a lover from traveling by train my very first experience traveling first class was a nice treat however it's probably not something I would do again I think the people in there were just a little too stiff for my liking.

Oh and I went to a party and entered on a red carpet and was welcomed with a glass of champagne; that's a first too don't you know?

Dedicated to my brother Jay. x

No comments:

Post a Comment