Monday 1 March 2010

EXPERIENCE #33: BECOMING A SURROGATE FATHER TO A BIG BUCKET OF FROG SPAWN

I remember in my first year of school my class had a tank of tadpoles that we watched slowly turn into the frogs.

For the past few years at the start of spring I've always tried to find a clutch of frog spawn for myself so that I could recreate this fond childhood memory of mine, I have never had any luck though.

Last Thursday though someone posted a message on my local freecycle site - by the way definitely worth signing up to if you want cool shit for free - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wadebridge_Freecycle - and explained that they had a pond brimming with spawn and they were looking to offload some.

So Sam and I agreed that together we would father a bucketful of spawn and nurture them until they turned into frogs.

Today the adoption became official when I picked up the kids from the nice lady giving them away. Sam's sorting out the tank and I'm going to collect some algae for the little blighters to nibble on.

My little twin brothers are going to help look after them and I think even start up their own blog page to keep everyone posted on how they are growing.

For that reason I am going to dedicate this experience to them, good luck chaps x

Can you believe it eh in a few days time were going to become cross species parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment