Wednesday 31 March 2010

EXPERIENCE #60: GETTING AND GIVING A HOMEMADE TATTOO


My brother and his girlfriend Teri (who also happens to be my nearest and dearest friend) cleverly found out a way to tattoo yourself with a small collection of the most common of household items.

A few weeks back they inked each other and ended up with a pretty sharp looking anchor on both of their toes.

Now they're home for the Easter holidays I got the chance the find out all the hows, whats and wheres about the technique and even got to get and give one myself.

So all that is required to make your own tattoo kit is a pencil, a needle (sterilized obviously), some thread, some Indian ink and then some idea of what you'd like to have tattooed on you.

You use the thread to firmly tie the needle to the end of the pencil and the ink, to well ink yourself with duh.

As for designs I went for a sperm whale (classic, I know) just under the old left armpit. Teri designed and drew a cheeky little chappy that we decided to call Spermy.

Obviously the main difference between using a professional gun and a pin tied to a stick is that it hurts a lot more and it takes a lot longer.

After roughly an hour of pain and a tea break too it was all done and looking fine and dandy I'd like to add.

The great thing about Spermy is that as I raise my arm to look at him the my skin stretches and it literally looks as is he's perking up because he is happy to see me, bless!

I then got to pin some pictures onto Jay and Teris toes, yep a crown and a triangle. It was a little nerve racking considering how permanent the whole thing was but I think I did rather well.

They were both pleased with the results anyway which is always a good sign and I am more than happy with little Spermy

So drumroll please, yes Teri this one is dedicated to you (finally) thank you for my new little friend. I love you x

1 comment: