Friday 12 March 2010

EXPERIENCE #42: PIECING TOGETHER MY OWN PANORAMIC PHOTOGRAPH


I took these photographs in France the summer just gone. I took them from the entrance of my tent after camping out one evening.

The mountain range is one that I saw all day everyday for the three months that I was there. It was a pretty spectacular sight to wake up to and fall asleep looking at. I trekked up it a whole bunch of times and saw some of the greatest views I've ever seen before from the top.

Anyway, I had always wanted to try out one of these photographic presentations and so as a sort keepsake for when I got home I tried by best snap the entire view from that morning.

Not really being the type to dabble in digital all the photographs were in film and I had to get them processed and developed at the chemist.

Over the following few weeks I acquired a scanner and dragged my computer all the way down from Bristol on the train to my home in Cornwall so that I could start work on this project.

However I had no idea how to get the bloody scanner to work, it kept blurting out Dutsch at me and so I tucked it away and went on Facebook instead.

Today I had an unexpected evening off and so decided enough was enough and that I was going to get it working.

Four hours later and I finally conquered the blasted thing, it whirred into action and I was able to get going with my first ever panoramic photo thingy.

No comments:

Post a Comment