Sunday 21 March 2010

EXPERIENCE #50: HAVING TEA WITH AN MP

Today I was invited to have tea with my local MP Mr Dan Rodgerson.

I'd heard many-a-thing about this chappy before but had never encountered him and so when the activist group I'm part of told me that we were meeting with him to chat business over tea and biccies I decided to go along.

He was a rather stout looking fellow with beady little eyes and puffy cheeks, he actually reminded me a little too much of a guinea pig which ended up distracting my thoughts the entire way through the discussion (you know thoughts about a secret rodent race working through local political systems in a bid to take over the world blah blah blah....dagnabbit!).

Anyway as per usual I shied away from the talking but listened intently and nodded my head from time to time which by the way I'm not sure how long I can just keep doing.

It was interesting watching his face as he was asked rather complicated questions but he presented him self well and really empathized with the cause.

All in all he seemed like a lovely chap and really was a fine candidate as my first ever meeting with a politician; he even said cheerio to me when I left at the end... I think I freakin love you Dan Rodgerson!

No comments:

Post a Comment