Friday 12 March 2010

EXPERIENCE #44: GETTING MY MUM TO BUNK OFF WORK AND COME TO THE PUB WITH ME

My mum is probably bestest but busiest mum that I have ever come across. To be fair I really do think that her brain would quite probably implode if she ever stopped moving but sometimes I do yearn for a little mother and son time with her.

I think our last official outing must have been my first year of university and so we were most definitely overdue some QT.*

Anyway we went together to a funeral today just the two of us which yes was a little bleak but it was also the perfect opportunity to lure her into a nearby pub afterward for a tipple or two.

She took some persuading at first as she was technically meant to trot off back to work straight after the funeral. I convinced her that she would most definitely be a blubbering mess (which she was) and that the last thing she would want to do this afternoon is go back to work. I also whipped the "if you love me you will do it" line out on her and she finally caved on me.

So we went to the pub had some drinks and some din dins, I even convinced my mum who is on some new health food regime (you're welcome for the plug by the way) to peck at some of my cheesy garlic bread and have a swig of my ale.

We had a really lovely afternoon chortling at rude and naughty stories and other anecdotes that I probably shouldn't even being discussing with my mother. I learned some new things about her and it was really nice to get her to myself.

Thanks mum, love you x

*We do hang out a lot by the way just never the two of us, just so you know

No comments:

Post a Comment